16 June 2010

alegria e paixao

The World Cup. The event so full of beauty, joy and passion that it fills my tiny, bitter cold little heart to bursting.

Sometimes I get up at 4.30am to watch the game before I leave for clinical at 6, because it wakes me up more than half a pot of coffee. Sometimes I stream the games on my laptop during pathophysiology, because soccer is more important than breathing (mechanisms). Shhh.

Semi-finals and the final are during my mid-term break, thank you Jesus!

...my teams are:

Spain -because La Furia Roja is my heart
Côte d'Ivoire -the African Cinderella story
Brazil -because no other team makes soccer look like so much fun
USA -because I am American, after all. And Clint Dempsey is my man. <3
Holland -because 'oranje est de kleur van gekte'*

Naturally, I also support Yoann Gourcuff (and not the French, mind you, haven't forgiven Henry and his handballs), and the Argentines. I'm an equal-opportunity football slut in the name of the beautiful game

*'Orange is the color of insanity.' -van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment

that's what she said.