22 July 2010

trottity trottity trot

Confession.

I don't like to run.

I hate it when my legs feel like lead. I hate the feeling of half a breath of air when my bronchioles constrict... even though I think wheezing sounds interesting. You already knew I'm weird, though. Exercise-induced asthma makes running suck. I know loads of professional athletes have it, and control it, and play through it, but it sucks.

Some days I go running and I congratulate myself on my prowess, vowing to do it the next day, and the next, but when morning comes my body is sore and my legs feel like lead and I promise myself "just one day of rest" and then time goes on and I've been lazy for a week.

...but my back feels better after I run.

Maybe it's just motivation I need, and hopefully my back will give me just that, but I want to be able to run again.

More than that, I want to play soccer again. Soccer is my perspective. All the little things that bother me go away when I play, and the world is black and white again. The French philospher Albert Camus once said, "All that I know most surely about morality and obligations, I owe to football."

No comments:

Post a Comment

that's what she said.