16 November 2009

'nursing school' is synonymous with 'blood'

Getting ready for nursing school is scary.

On one hand, I think whoever let me in must be crazy. On the other, I think about some of the nurses I've known and then I fear the classes, clinicals and boards far less than I did previously. I think I'll be fine once I get there, but I have seven weeks to worry about it.

Right now I have to catch up on my immunity. Yippee for me. Today I needed a TB test, so I went in to work on my day off to let somebody stab me. Voluntarily.

She told me I had thick skin. I told her it's because I have three brothers.

The RCM told me that it looked like the nurse had done it wrong, and maybe I should let the RCM do it again in my other arm. I suggested she do it between my eyes instead.

I have two more shots to get, a CPR class to take, and infinite papercuts by way of Necessary Forms to receive. Booo.


I'm gonna go brush up on the rules of Keno and roulette for my stats class now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

that's what she said.