18 November 2009

stabbity stab

I got my second hepatitis B shot today. I was supposed to do it ages ago, but I thought I was afraid of needles, so I "forgot" on purpose. Then I found out that I definitely had to have it for nursing school, and the flu shot got me over my residual childhood needle issues, so I'm back on track.

Ha. So, they're regularly out of the hep B vaccine at work, but they had it in today. It was the proper needles they were out of. The nurse found a 22-gauge needle.

It's big.

Bigger than they usually use.

The nurse told me not to look at it. The medication aide couldn't tear his eyes away. She loaded the syringe and shanked me in the left deltoid.

It wasn't that bad... or maybe I was just playing tough for the med aide's benefit.

That doesn't mean I didn't guilt-trip her for the rest of the shift, just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

that's what she said.