16 May 2010

benjamin moore begs to differ

The first week of summer school is over.

Two days of eight hours of class per week. It's really hard to pay attention by the time we get to Mental Health at the end of the day. As a matter of fact, I pretended to be a T-rex through most of Wednesday's lecture. Mostly to stay awake, partially because of the sugar rush I was experiencing.

Med/surg clinical orientation was Thursday. I'm on a neurovascular unit.

Friday we got to do stuff. Attempted my first catheter, changed a trach tube and suctioned some lungs. So awesome. I think I'm gonna love this.

Then I drove home and we went to the beach because I just can't take the city and the traffic any more than I have to. We took the dog and some friends and had a load of fun.

Quote of the day:

Sam: "Excuse me sir, what color is your car?"
Motorist: "It's electric vibrant green!"
Sam (to us): "TOLD YOU IT'S NOT YELLOW!"
Motorist: laughs hysterically
Jessie: "I thought he said electric vomit green."

No comments:

Post a Comment

that's what she said.